(School wide Behavior, Attendance, Tardies,
Use of Agenda, Ready for Class, N0 F's)
SATURN is an incentive program to encourage
positive behavior and academic achievement at
Ansted Middle School. Each six weeks a student can
participate in a special activity as an award for
positive performance in school. To be eligible for a
SATURN Adventure a student must meet all
Standards and be a full-time Ansted Middle School student.
1. School wide rules must be followed. (No Step III and/or IV)
2. Attendance on a regular basis is expected. Any student with 2 or more unexcused absences in a class will not be eligible for a SATURN Adventure. Written excuses from parents and/or doctor slips must be submitted within one week of the absence. Excuses submitted at the end of the grading period would not make a student eligible even if a doctor’s slip were provided. We at AMS feel that students who do not earn the SATURN Award should not be excused from school on the day of the SATURN trip. Therefore, a doctor’s excuse is required for the day of the SATURN Adventure from any student who is absent that day.
3. Tardiness is not accepted. 3 tardies = 1 unexcused absence. This is accumulative school-wide. 3 tardies means no SATURN Adventure.
4. The agenda book will be filled out for each class each school day. The student will bring the agenda to school each day and carry it to each class. Any student that fails to secure the agenda for each class and/or does not bring the agenda to class 9 times in a grading period will not be eligible for the SATURN Adventure. The pages from the agenda book will not be torn from the book. If any page(s) are torn from the agenda book, the owner of the book will automatically be ineligible for the SATURN Adventure.
5. The Respect & Protect program is in effect at AMS. Any student that progresses to Step III and/or IV on a principal’s discipline referral will be ineligible to go on the SATURN Adventure.
6. Each student must have at least a 2.0 GPA and no F’s to qualify for a SATURN Adventure.